Site Home Russian Women About Russia Dating Advice Services Gift Shop Consultation Forum FAQs
Forum Home Russian Travel Learn Russian Dating Services Fiancee Visa Russian Religion Online Conversion Contact Us
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Forum Home » Fiancee Visas » I-134 or I-864???
You Are Not Logged In [ Register ]
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: ukrainetx Subject: I-134 or I-864???
scl08816

posted on 03-22-2005 at 01:41 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
I-134 or I-864???

Hi,

Today I received via email notification that my petition for K-1 has been approved (after only 2 weeks since receipt!). Now, I am wondering which version of the Affidavit of Support must I fill out - the I-134 or the I-864? Visajourney.com tells me that I can call the US Consulate in Moscow (where she'll be going for the interview), but I'm hoping someone here can tell me definatively.

Thanks,

SCL
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By scl08816 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
riggo2

posted on 08-01-2005 at 08:55 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
a little frustrated

i recieved a letter saying my approved i-129f petition has been forwarded to moscow during the week of july 21/05. does anyone have any idea of time frame from this point in time to interview date ?? my russian wife has been packed forever !! i would appreciate any help...this is something i obviously do not do everyday....thanks for your time...........
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By riggo2 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
danno

posted on 09-21-2006 at 11:52 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
The Wait

No definite time frame as it depends on the Emabassy/Consulate in Moscow. When I went through it years ago, it took about 4 weeks for her to be invited to the interview. As I write this, I wish I could take that all back and never had done it. Worse experience of my life.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By danno (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
danno

posted on 09-21-2006 at 11:59 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Support

the latter is for a relative immigrating. the former is for a fiance. be aware that the affidavit of support is a "contract" between you and U.S. and puts you on the hook for her financially for 10 years UNLESS she becomes a citizen. So what does that mean? It means State and Federal governments will bill you for any of her expenses if you get divorced that require State or Federal assistance such as rent assistance, medical assistance, hospital bills, dentist bills, food, unemployment, non-payment of taxes etc. It is one of the worse and most one-sided documents who can possibly sign just to get married to someone.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By danno (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
ukrainetx

posted on 10-20-2006 at 02:35 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
I am Elina, single and searching

'Hi,

Today I received via email notification that my petition for K-1 has been approved (after only 2 weeks since receipt!). Now, I am wondering which version of the Affidavit of Support must I fill out - the I-134 or the I-864? Visajourney.com tells me that I can call the US Consulate in Moscow (where she'll be going for the interview), but I'm hoping someone here can tell me definatively.

Thanks,

SCL'

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By ukrainetx (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.073 seconds, 12 queries

Russian women - Mail order brides reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Russian women - Mail order brides. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Russian women - Mail order brides

Google+