Site Home Russian Women About Russia Dating Advice Services Gift Shop Consultation Forum FAQs
Forum Home Russian Travel Learn Russian Dating Services Fiancee Visa Russian Religion Online Conversion Contact Us
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Forum Home » Maryland HB65 - Senate SB129 » New Law
You Are Not Logged In [ Register ]
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Chris_23 Subject: New Law
Link_29

posted on 10-08-2010 at 12:24 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
New Law

The State of Maryland has chosen to enact legislation that requires you to submit proof of your "criminal history record information" prior to you exchanging contact information with any of the women listed on international dating sites site (as well as others featuring International Introductions). This is a law that went into effect as of October 2010 for anyone residing in the State of Maryland.

How do you feel about this?
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Link_29 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Tommypong

posted on 10-14-2010 at 10:17 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
annoying

I think it is frustrating that single men can't meet single women without submitting all kinds of information and background checks, I mean they send you through hoops just to exchange some phone numbers or whatever it seems crazy to me at least.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Tommypong (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
trk588g

posted on 07-03-2011 at 20:20 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Just As Miserable As They Are

I think that state is either jealous or just wants to see men unhappy. It was not that long ago that former President Bush signed into law about men marrying foreign women because of abuse and objectivity. I could see the reason for that but for men wanting to contact foreign women. That is way too far.
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By trk588g (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
JamesT

posted on 08-08-2011 at 21:04 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator

I can't believe it! How could the state interfere so much in people's private lives. If two adults want to exchange contact information, date and possibly marry, what right does anyone have to make laws to interfere with this process in a supposedly free society?
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By JamesT (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Tommypong

posted on 10-26-2012 at 13:21 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
It's Shocking

People are just people no matter where they live, there are cultural differences but humanity and the human is experience is the same everywhere. It's a shame people are put through this process just to meet singles from other parts of the world.....myself included.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Tommypong (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Chris_23

posted on 04-17-2013 at 11:26 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Safety is the Key to International Dating

I understand why people would be annoyed by having to go through background checks and stuff like that

BUT

Are those the same people who complain about scams? It seems kind of ridiculous that everyone involved in international dating wants to be safe and secure from mail order bride scams. YET, many of those same people complain about background checks.

Only so much can be done, so when a process is created, I would have thought fans of international dating would be MORE than happy to submit a background check.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Chris_23 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.014 seconds, 13 queries

Russian women - Mail order brides reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Russian women - Mail order brides. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Russian women - Mail order brides

Google+