Site Home Russian Women About Russia Dating Advice Services Gift Shop Consultation Forum FAQs
Forum Home Russian Travel Learn Russian Dating Services Fiancee Visa Russian Religion Online Conversion Contact Us
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Forum Home » TOUR TALK » tour vs. personal trip
You Are Not Logged In [ Register ]
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: chenpangpang Subject: tour vs. personal trip
samson

posted on 04-04-2004 at 03:55 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
tour vs. personal trip

Hello, I am fairly new to the concept of finding a Russian wife, but I am thoroughly convinved that it's a fantastic thing, if done correctly. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on about the process, do's, dont's, ect. I am currently corresponding with four women. Here's the question, is it worth the $$ for the whole tour, or is it feasible to make half a dozen contacts and take your own trip? The tour seems great, but hundreds, even thousands of women to choose from, seems like it could lead to sensory overload! What is your take on it (Anyone with any experiences)?

Thanks,

James
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By samson (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
scotty_4u

posted on 06-30-2004 at 23:17 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Yes, tour the first time

Hello, yes go on a tour, but not from an agency that advertises some sort of banquet where they stuff a bunch of women into a room like cattle. Go through one that advertises "personal" tours. I went to Kiev in October 2003 and did the tour thing. More expensive but well worth it. Aftewards I had a grasp of what to do and didn't need all the handholding you get on a tour --- saved myself some $$ and had a great time!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By scotty_4u (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
VanRijckeghem

posted on 11-06-2004 at 21:00 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Name of the tour ?

Hello.
Could you please mention the name of the organization that helped you go to Kiev ?
Thanks
View User's Profile E-Mail User User's Site View All Replies By VanRijckeghem (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Bud

posted on 12-02-2004 at 19:03 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
tour or personal trip

Well actually guys, you can have it both ways...if you are going to spend the money to go on a trip of somekind, take the tour - you will have unlimited introductions every day AND three socials. Not only that but the companies that are doing introductions only are there, and not in the US and therefore not accountable to you as a consumer. You will get nickel and dimed to death every time you need a taxi or a phone call...trust me...these guys have perfected the art of petty extortion. The AFA tours stay in a hotel with an office that is open year round - and you can go from your room to the office to make individual meetings all day long....you really can't beat that. Having been to Russia 5 times, Colombia once....and married a girl from St Pete, you don't want to be in the hands of strangers the first time you go. You'll be perfectly safe...but it's too easy to be taken advantage of.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Bud (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
DavidP

posted on 12-11-2004 at 15:33 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Past experience

I agree, group tours are so much better. I went on Foreign Affair group tour a few months ago to Cartagena, then two weeks ago I went back on my own, It was so boring. Even though I had met a great girl on the tour before, I miss all the guys. We would double date, trip date, and quad date. As a group we would do all the excursion together to the Islands, site seeing, night clubs, had a great time. One night the group rented a chiva bus and cruised the city, never had so much fun. Every morning the group would meet for breakfast and exchange stories, most of the guys made new friends. I continue to communicate with several of the guys from my tour, made some really great friends. On my own I had nothing to do when the girl was working which was 5 days a week. If I go back I am going to do it when the group goes so I can take along with the guys.

David
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By DavidP (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Avery

posted on 12-14-2004 at 17:01 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Don’t be miss lead

I also did my own trip, total sucked, I felt very uncomfortable having girls come to an office for introduction. For me it was like going to a job interview. First I would go to the office witch was 30 minutes from the crappy apartment they stuck me in. Look at the catalog and then pick a lady I would like to meet, later in the day the office would call me and tell me to came back at 6:00 when she got off work. The girl usually would be 30 minute to an hour late. When she did finally come in we would sit across from each other asking questions. Then if I was attracted to her I would ask her out, two out of three would say no, that there where busy that night for me to call them later in the week. So now it is 8:00 pm and I am still with out a date. Out of 10-day trip I only when out with three girls. Cost for my trip was more than $3000. So my average date cost $1000. Guys I met that went on a group tour had completely different experience. Telling me they where dating three girls a day, some would say they would take four or five girls out at the same time after the social. Personal I think I got scammed and wasted my money on a private tour.

Avery
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Avery (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
wildy

posted on 01-05-2010 at 06:02 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
=)

I think that it is easier to communicate in the group of people. Especially if you want to talk with not very familiar people. That's why i think that group tour is more preferable.
But personal trip is better if you want to meet with your only lady;)
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By wildy (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Link_29

posted on 01-08-2010 at 16:26 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
comradery

One of the best appeals of a group tour is the comradery you will find in the men in your group. Instead of having the time of your life and having nobody to share your stories with, you will find that a group tour has a lot to offer you. I have read a lot of user testimonials that talk about double- and triple-dates where men become friends on the tour and enjoy their dates in a large group. You have to keep in mind that these will be pretty like-minded men, you know? It seems like an individual tour could be fun because of the extra privacy, but you won't make the same friends and enjoy the bonding experience there.

Read Avery's post about individual trips....they can be awkward and frustrating. It doesn't make sense to go alone simply because you won't meet as many women. The socials that come along with group tours will bring a lot more women your way
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Link_29 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
chenpangpang

posted on 06-02-2011 at 20:22 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
happy

One of the best appeals of a group tour is the comradery you will find in the men in your group. Instead of having the time of your life and having nobody to share your stories with, you will find that a group tour has a lot to offer you. I have read a lot of user testimonials that talk about double- and triple-dates where men become friends on the tour and enjoy their dates in a large group. You have to keep in mind that these will be pretty like-minded men, you know? It seems like an individual tour could be fun because of the extra privacy, but you won't make the same friends and enjoy the bonding experience there.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By chenpangpang (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.043 seconds, 16 queries

Russian women - Mail order brides reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Russian women - Mail order brides. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Russian women - Mail order brides

Google+