Site Home Russian Women About Russia Dating Advice Services Gift Shop Consultation Forum FAQs
Forum Home Russian Travel Learn Russian Dating Services Fiancee Visa Russian Religion Online Conversion Contact Us
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Forum Home » FIRST CONTACT » I am visiting a girl in Russia
You Are Not Logged In [ Register ]
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: alchik Subject: I am visiting a girl in Russia
whoknewbab

posted on 04-03-2007 at 22:31 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
I am visiting a girl in Russia

hello. i am writing this to ask if anyone has ever heard or poss. had experiences like what i will describe? i have been writing this girl for about a year now. things have been slow but good. i have decided to fly over to meet and see if we have the same chemistry in person as we do over our letters. i am only going for the weekend. i fly into st. petersburg and she will meet me there and then we are driving to her hometown of pskov. i have been very excited about meeting her. so far, i have not seen any signs of a scam. i have looked for her name on blacklists as well as her picture. i cannot find her on any of them. i have googled her, and all i found is a profile on a different russian dating site. the exact wording, so i am guessing her agency put it out to a few different websites. then i talked with a girl from russia who lives in the us now. i told her about my trip and she really freaked me out... she is telling me to be careful. she is telling me to watch out in case this girl might be involved with a crime organization that just wants to kidnap me and hold me for ransom. she is just telling me to be very careful. she says that russia is a very corrupt country and i could be in danger... personally, i think she is way over exaggerating, but it now has me paranoid. now i'm starting to doubt this girl, even though she has shown me no signs to doubt her. i am going over by myself, so that is scary... has anyone ever heard of someone being essentially kidnapped and held for ransom while going over to visit a girl? if so, what can i do to protect myself? just wondering???
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By whoknewbab (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
chrisbfl

posted on 04-04-2007 at 05:20 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Just going for the weekend?

Wow! I don't know where you are flying in from but that is a hell of a trip for just a weekend. After about 19 hours of total travel time from my home to my fiancee's city, I was jet lagged for about 3 days! That is not much time to really see if you are a good match. I know that after writing to my now wife, I spent 14 days on our first visit and then followed up with a 23 day stay about 3 months later. Even then I wished we had more time. As for fears of a kidnap or scam, I think that is a bit of a stretch. If she has been writing to you for over a year, she is most likley serious. I doubt a scammer would waste that much time on an "unproductive fish".
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By chrisbfl (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Jime

posted on 04-26-2007 at 17:28 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Girl in Russia

Nobody will kidnap you unless you are a millionaire with cash in a suitcase.
Do not worry, and enjoy your time in Russia.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Jime (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
alchik

posted on 05-16-2007 at 07:24 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
weekend? You're nuts...

Nah, you won't be kidnapped but you'll probably just be lined up to be ripped off by translators, hotel, taxi and maybe even pickpocketed on the street. Travelling alone, outside of a group/agency is risky. More so if you don't speak Russian. You won't be attacked or kidnapped but being ripped off or just robbed outright isn't out of the question...
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By alchik (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.012 seconds, 11 queries

Russian women - Mail order brides reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Russian women - Mail order brides. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Russian women - Mail order brides

Google+