Site Home Russian Women About Russia Dating Advice Services Gift Shop Consultation Forum FAQs
Forum Home Russian Travel Learn Russian Dating Services Fiancee Visa Russian Religion Online Conversion Contact Us
If you are not registered or logged in, you may still view these forums but with limited features.
You can register by clicking here. If you have any questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Forum Home » Should I wait? » Should we have a Virgin suppost group in the UK ?
You Are Not Logged In [ Register ]
Upcoming Events

Upcoming FREE Dating Seminars

To Be Determined

Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Gonzalez87 Subject: Should we have a Virgin suppost group in the UK ?
dave_in_mk

posted on 10-21-2006 at 01:56 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Should we have a Virgin suppost group in the UK ?

Hi All

About 8 years ago i tried to get a group going in the UK bases on the same lines as the US one, 'True Love Waits'.

I think there is so much pressure on people to lose their virginity for the sake of losing it and there is not enough support for people who wish to keep it until marriage. We are bombarded daily by fantasy images in magazines and on the TV that everyone is having sex, or sex = happiness etc etc.

Does anyone think a UK group would be helpfull ?

I think all you need is a handful of virgins, who are really commited, to get such a group going.

What does everyone think ?

Dave

p.s. If anyone has a virgin friend, perhaps it would be good to get them to use this forum, as the more people who use it, the more support it will give to people who may feel a bit lonely for being a virgin.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By dave_in_mk (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
youngvwoman

posted on 10-21-2006 at 17:15 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
good idea

I'm not from the UK, but I would definitely say that a group particular to your country is a very, very good idea. I'll tell you why.

You've probably done some internet searches and have realized that virgin groups are hard to find, but what's harder to find are quality virgin groups. On top of that, I would urge you to make sure it's a group that will definitely get people interested in getting to know each other and meeting up, to really get the dating possibilities going. It's one thing to set up a group that supports your decision, but it's another thing for there to be a group that is proactive about finding that special someone. I would do the latter.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By youngvwoman (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
dave_in_mk

posted on 10-22-2006 at 00:59 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Thanks, but .............

I agree totally with your comments, but as you'll see from the flood of replies, its virtually impossible to set up !!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By dave_in_mk (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
tommy123

posted on 10-22-2006 at 11:47 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
dave

One problem is that this site has to be seo'ed to appear at the top of the search engines like google, yahoo and msn when people are searching for virginity and abstinence related keywords. We may have over 3000 members here but who knows if these are concentrated members that are virgins themselves or not.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By tommy123 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
xieh

posted on 10-22-2006 at 13:25 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
a subject

won't see many people lying.. Should be a question in the profile page :p..
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By xieh (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
sweettart

posted on 10-23-2006 at 20:29 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
30 virgin

I wish we had a virgin support group in California because i'm trying to find other virgins over 30 in my area
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By sweettart (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
youngvwoman

posted on 10-24-2006 at 01:20 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Don't give up

I want to offer sincere encouragement. If you want to create it, and make it happen, you will.

I say, take a chance, at least one more. Put everything into it. Set up a group. Recruit. Do what needs to be done. Because I have this feeling that, if you don't do it, who knows who else will and when it will happen. You have the idea, you have the motivation. Create the group. You never know what could happen.

One more suggestion. I think a website would be better. I've seen groups like what are Yahoo!, and to me it's just not that interesting. I like the suggestion about advertising. Yes! Make sure those search engines start adding you as one of the most popular sites.

View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By youngvwoman (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Gonzalez87

posted on 10-24-2006 at 04:57 Reply With Quote Report Post to Moderator
Honestly

I think a virgin group would be great if it meant less STI's and less teen pregancy.

However, I don't think any people in over here would take notice.
We have people telling us what to say, what to wear, what not to say, what to eat, what to drink, where not to smoke, where to smoke, what sports to play etc

I think this would be considered another pressure group that people would rebel against.

The other point to mention is while "teen" movies exist like american pie and road trip etc Peer presure will be everywhere.

If you get people telling you to have sex in school, in your magizines. You go out and you see it in a movie too.

I think thats the main problem if i'm being honest.
View User's Profile E-Mail User View All Replies By Gonzalez87 (only searches replies by default, for topics please run another search) U2U Member
Printable Version | Send to Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites

Processed in 0.041 seconds, 15 queries

Russian women - Mail order brides reserves the right to block, delete, or edit any and all posts. The Moderator has sole discretion on the content of this site. Anyone who posts accepts these terms, and waives any and all rights to bring any legal action against Russian women - Mail order brides. If you disapprove of any of the above, do not use, read, or post in Russian women - Mail order brides

Google+